EPTA Conference 2018
The 2018 Conference of the European Pentecostal Theological Association will be held at Continental Theological Seminary, St-Pieters-Leeuw, Brussels, from July 2nd to 5th. It will commence at 16:00 on Monday July 2nd and conclude after breakfast on Thursday July 5th. Accommodation will be available either within the seminary complex or in nearby hotels, and will thus be offered at a range of prices.
The theme will be:
Holiness and Ethics in the 21st Century.
Possible topics of papers at the 2018 conference, though not yet finalised, include:
- Male headship, spiritual motherhood and the role of women in traditional indigenous Italian Pentecostalism
- The response of Belgian Pentecostalism to Nazism
- The ethical treatment of missionaries who have experienced trauma: A biblical theology of well-being
- Structural violence in the Pentecostal church: A strategy for deconstructing a nonpacifist tradition
- Can Pentecostal holiness disregard forces central to the future of our planet?
- Is laying on of hands still ethically acceptable today?
- Holiness, power and growth: the recent history of the British Assemblies of God
- The economy as a spirit world: Spirit of scarcity, Spirit of God
- The moral concern of current ecumenical discourse. How Pentecostal pneumatological approaches can contribute to moral concerns of church unity
- Isaiah’s religious experience and its ethical implications
- The Pastoral Care of Those who are LGBTQ+
- Ethical Affirmation and the Spirit as Depicted in Textual Readings in Luke 1-3 of Codex Bezae
- Rethinking Christian hospitality: An inclusive ethics of care within the European context
Please note that the call for papers is now closed.